About Royal Bank of Scotland
The Royal Bank of Scotland is a popular choice for those seeking personal loans with a difference.
If you need a personal loan that is easy to apply for and helps you move forward, let us help you today reach your goals.
Why choose a Royal Bank of Scotland personal loan?
- Borrow between £1,000 and £50,000
- Online decision in minutes
- If you bank with us, we can pre-fill your personal loan application
- Funds to be transferred on next working day
Provisional loan approval
We offer a feature, by which you can determine whether you qualify for a loan, before applying.
Why use our provisional loan approval feature?
- Instant answer on whether you are likely to be approved
- You will know how much you qualify for
- View your personalised interest rate and monthly payments
- Using this feature will have no impact on your credit rating
Personalised interest rates
The interest rate assigned to your loan depends on the loan amount and the repayment terms and at time may be affected by your credit score or financial history, and personal circumstances.
Royal Bank of Scotland Services
Apply for a personal loan that suits all your requirements.
Our personal loans have a representative of 3.9% APR for loan amounts between £7,500 and £25,000. Other amounts are also available at alternative rates and your personalised rate depends on your circumstances, loan amount and repayment term.
You are required to be over the age of 28 and our personal loans are available to existing Royal Bank current account customers only.
- Personal loans from £1,000 to £14,950 have repayment periods from one to five years
- Personal loans from £15,000 to £50,000 have repayment period of one to seven years
- Home improvement loans over £2,500 are to be repaid over one to 10 years
Unsecured personal loans
Loan amounts for unsecured loans generally range between £1,000 and £50,000. Unsecured loans do not require the loan to be secured against your home or other valuable assets and is thus suitable for a wider range of people and circumstances.
Royal Bank of Scotland Product Details
- Loan Type Personal loans
- Interest Rate from 3.9%
- Loan Amount up to £50,000
- Repayment 1 year to 10 years
Benefits of Royal Bank of Scotland
- Get an online decision within minutes
- Speedy loan applications
- Loan calculator online to help determine the cost
How to get a personal loan that works for you
To apply is easy and all you have to do for the utmost convenience is to simply apply online.
What happens once you have applied online?
- FOLLOWING your online application, your loan agreement will be printed and send it to you as soon as possible, usually the next working day.
- UPON receiving your agreement, please sign and date it where specified and send it back to us in the envelope provided.
- IF WE have requested confirmation of identity, income or other documents, please be sure to enclose the original documents and these will be returned to you.
- ONCE WE'VE received your signed agreement and the supporting documents we requested, we will usually process your application within two working days.
- ONCE ALL documents have been processed, we will transfer your loan funds into the Royal Bank of Scotland account.
How soon will you receive your money?
If you are already a digital banking customer, the funds could be in your account the next working day. In order to receive your funds the next working day, you will need to apply online, enter your online banking details and meet our credit requirements.
Easy online application
Should you not be registered for digital banking, you are still able to apply online. Subject to agreement, the documents will be sent via post, which typically arrives within three to five days. All you need to do is, simply check, sign and return the documents to us. Provided that your application is successful, you could receive your funds within two days.
What makes our personal loans different?
- You are able to borrow between £1,000 and £50,000, offering you greater borrowing flexibility
- You will receive an online decision in minutes
- We can pre-fill your personal loan application, if you bank with us
- Funds to be transferred on next working day
Royal Bank of Scotland is a trusted & reliable provider of personal loans
In our review, Royal Bank of Scotland adheres to the compliance criteria in accordance with the Financial Conduct Authority, where the granting the loan will not cause financial distress to the consumer.
Royal Bank of Scotland is a registered credit provider in the UK; FCA number 114724
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I have been a client of the bank for many years and never had an issue. They were a natural choice when I needed to take out a personal loan as well.
— Edinburgh —
I needed a large loan for emergency expenses and RBS was able to listen to my needs and help tailor a loan that was easy to manage. I highly recommend them!
— Aberdeen —
The consultant at the bank that assisted me seemed to be very capable and helped me apply for my loan the same day. The fees and terms were very reasonable.
— Glasgow —
Royal Bank of Scotland Contact Details
- Admiralty Arch, 49 Charing Cross Rd Westminster London SW1A 2DX United Kingdom
- Get Directions
- Monday 09:00 – 16:45
- Tuesday 09:00 – 16:45
- Wednesday 10:00 – 16:45
- Thursday 09:00 – 16:45
- Friday 09:00 – 16:45
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed