What we at Folk2Folk like to do is offer simple, straightforward, local lending and borrowing in the UK.
We are not a bank or financial advisor but a peer to peer lending platform that organise the secured lending of money between local folk.
Creating the perfect funding and investment opportunity
Our establishment is a direct result of the need to breach a local funding gap due to small business and local investors who were tired of poor returns and rates.
Our traditional values include community values
Folk2Folk was not only built on strong community values, but also incorporates those values in everyday business. We truly believe that local knowledge and local understanding is what fuels our business. We place great importance on understanding the full picture of the person and their financial situation. And thus, our customers enjoy a more holistic approach when it comes to business and personal loan criteria and approval.
Backed by a long history of lending
Our official launch was in 2013. However, we have a long lending heritage as we were born out of a law firm, Parnalls of Launceston. Its lending roots can be traced back over 100 years.
On offer we have a pioneering peer to peer lending service.
It allows investors or lenders to earn favourable rates, and a platform that allows local, rural and entrepreneurial businesses access business finance through these lenders or investors.
- Borrow £50,000 to £5 million or more
- Interest-only payable monthly
- Decisions within 24 to 48 hours
- Funds available from seven to 10 days of approved application*
- Fixed or flexible loans from six months to five years
At Folk2Folk, we are
- Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- One of the UK’s largest peer-to-peer lenders to business
- And at Folk2Folk, we have introduced finance for business initiatives ranging from purchasing sport related equipment, establishing multi-million pound worth property developments and more.
Different types of loan investments
With so many investment opportunities, you are sure to see the growth of your investment in no time at all. We have a wide range of peer-to-peer loan investment opportunities that investors are able to choose from.
Ensuring a fair deal for all stakeholders
The main purpose of what we do is to provide a fair deal for all, specifically a fair exchange of money between lenders/investors and borrowers.
Folk2Folk Product Details
- Loan Type Peer-to-Peer Lending
- Interest Rate from 0.38%
- Loan Amount up to £5,000,000
- Repayment 6 months to 5 years
Summary of Services
Folk2Folk is a preferred lender in the UK!
Applying for our loans can be done in just a couple of minutes.
However, before you apply for a loan online, we urge you to ensure that you are eligible to apply.
Are you eligible?
- Have land or property, other than their home, against which to secure the loan
- If you are looking to borrow £50,000 or more
- Be based in the UK
- Be over 18 years of age
- Pass our credit and other related checks
Invest with great interest rates
The investors that form part of our panel of investors; form part of our Local Lending Movement. Our investors are helping to build financially and socially successful local communities across the UK. At the same time our investors earn 6.5% p.a. interest monthly and they have a positive impact across the UK.
Why invest with us?
- Interest at 5.5% p.a. or 6.5% p.a. paid monthly
- All loans are secured against UK land or property
- Tax efficient investments possible
- Lend to local businesses and make a positive change
- The Online Lender Portal that we provide enables you to manage your investment from anywhere. Investors are able to view investment information and buy and sell loan investments via the MarketPlace
- No fees to enter into a peer to peer loan
Accessing your investment money
Once the loan has reached full term, your capital investment will be returned to you or otherwise when the borrower chooses to repay their entire loan amount. Should you wish to exit the loan sooner, you have the option to sell all or part of it to other lenders via the online MarketPlace.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Being a real estate investor, it's crucial to have the funding, should a property open up. In my line of work, waiting too long could result in the loss of that opportunity. But F2F's has yet to ...
— Surrey —
Anyone looking to take out a loan knows exactly how stressful it can be. Folk2Folk made the process easy with minimal effort. Their low-interest rates and origination fee are manageable with plen...
— Ipswich —
Folk2Folk Contact Details
- Number One Business Centre, Western Road Launceston PL15 7FJ United Kingdom
- Get Directions
- Monday 09:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
- Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed