About Ulster Bank
As an instantaneous subsidiary of National Westminster Bank, we became a part of The Royal Bank in 2000.
And have one hundred and forty-six branches within the Republic of Ireland and ninety in Northern Ireland with more than 1,200 non-charging ATMs. The group has more than three thousand staff members and over one point nine million customers. We provide a wide range of banking and insurance services to business, industrial and private customers. This includes business finance and personal loans to individuals.
The regulators of Ulster Bank
We are a large commercial bank, as well as one of the traditional Big Four Irish banks. Our group is subdivided into two separate legal entities, Ulster Bank Limited and Ulster Bank Ireland. Our headquarters can be located in the Republic of Ireland, Dublin and George's Quay. We maintain a great segment of the financial services in both the Republic of Ireland and the UK.
The bank is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and controlled by each of the monetary Conduct Authority as well as the Prudent Regulation Authority. We are a member of the financial compensation scheme and are also members of the British Bankers Association. However, in Ireland, the bank is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Ulster Bank Services
Ulster Bank offers Visa Debit cards to consumers with their current accounts, having earlier supplied Maestro (formerly recognised as Switch) and Laser debit cards to NI and ROI clients separately, in addition to other quick loan services.
We also launched 15 new commitments to our retail consumers in Sept 2010 and offer flexible business loans across the board.
We offer a quality service for businesses starting out or business current accounts
- Business Overdraft - Prepare for the unexpected our business overdrafts are flexible and we offer short-term loans plus you can tailor your term to suit your requirements for up to 12 months and only interest on the sum that you use.
- Our app - We offer great future such as managing future payments as well as capturing of receipts, by making use of our app would mean that all the heavy lifting for your business is all done for you so that you don’t have to do it yourself. The app is available to customers who have the UK or an international number (in specific countries) who have Anytime Banking.
- Sponsorship - On 8 February 2008, it was announced that a three-year sponsorship deal to the value of over £1m granted to the Belfast Festival at Queen's. This would be hailed as a "new dawn" for the festival that’s was in distress due to underfunding
Ulster Bank Product Details
- Loan Type Business Loans
- Interest Rate from 5.6%
- Loan Amount up to £250,000
- Repayment 1 year to 15 years
Benefits of Ulster Bank
- Funding for business purposes
- Competitive interest rates
- Flexible reimbursement options
We are the preferred business loan lender in the UK
Once your application has been submitted we will do a credit check on all the owners of the business.
Should your circumstances have changed for any reason, it could be possible that your online loan application may be declined. So we urge all customers to be truthful when you fill in your application.
Note that by continuing with your application will mean that you confirm that you have downloaded or printed the copy of essential document information and that when your account is opened you will, therefore, be bound by the terms and conditions within these documents. Ulster Bank is a registered concern with the Lending Standards and adheres to philosophies of lending practice aimed at business customers.
Our Business Growth Specialists are here to help you take your business to the next level. Contact us today so that we can see how we can assist in growing your business be it with a business loan or operations support.
Inspiration from our Business Growth specialists
Ulster Bank assures all customers that our Business Growth Specialists put their heart into our Boost programme and they are able to:
- Boost your insight - By offering access to educational events and local talks
- Boost your connections - With partnerships and opportunities. Possibly through our group or through the diversity of other companies which could possibly assist you on the road to victory.
- Boost your skills – Mentoring with a one on one session as well as through training.
Local event days are run by our Business Growth Specialists and cover the consequential matters that face small businesses, we advise you on how to pitch your products and services and specialist topics such as protecting yourself from cyber fraud.
All you need to do is choose the events that are best associated with your business. It’s a great way of expanding your business and also a perfect opportunity to meet other entrepreneurs. One of our key partners is Worldpay who provide secure payment services for your business which include online banking, card machines and telephone payments.
In preparation of the application you will need the following:
- Personal details – Each business owner will need to provide personal detail, date of birth, contact details and address.
- Business details – All your business details which should also include business address and contact details.
Should your Company be an+ LTD Company you will need to provide your company’s registration number.
Ulster Bank is a trusted & reliable provider of business loans
In our review, Ulster Bank adheres to the compliance criteria in accordance with the Financial Conduct Authority, where the granting the loan will not cause financial distress to the consumer.
Ulster Bank is a registered credit provider in the UK; FCA number 122315
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Very competitive interest rates and good repayment terms offered to business owners.
— Belfast —
My business loan came through without issue.
The rates, fees, loan costs, and repayments are affordable.
— Belfast —
For anyone looking for an affordable loan to start up a new business - I can in good conscious recommend Ulster Bank.
— Belfast —
Ulster Bank Contact Details
- 11-16 Donegall Square E Belfast England BT1 5UB United Kingdom
- Get Directions
- Monday 09:30 – 16:30
- Tuesday 09:30 – 16:30
- Wednesday 10:00 – 16:30
- Thursday 09:30 – 16:30
- Friday 09:30 – 16:30
- Saturday 10:00 – 13:00
- Sunday – Closed