About Post Office
We have been providing our services in the UK for more than 370 years.
One of these expert financial products includes credit cards that offer exceptional flexibility and are designed to meet the credit requirements of our consumers.
As a reputable service provider, we have earned the trust of our fellow UK residents and continue to serve them with the very best financial services available.
We are the UK’s largest retail group
Post Office UK is the UK's largest retail network but also the biggest financial services chain in the UK that offers direct communication channels such as contact centres and online.
- Over 370 years of service in a number of industries
- More than 170 products and services available to UK residents
- Over 11,500 Post Office branches nationwide, all managed by local people
- Over 17 million customer visits and 47 million transactions per week
Four product pillars
We have four central product pillars that we provide and these include the following.
- Mails retail
- Financial services
- Government services
Extra security online
All our credit cards issued by us also use MasterCard SecureCode, which gives you extra protection for online transactions. You can rest assured that you sensitive information is protected by state of the art protection systems.
Manage your account with your smartphone or tablet
Our Credit Card Mobile Servicing App has been designed to help you stay on top of your finances and is available from the Apple App Store or Google Play. It could not be easier to manage your finances from a mobile or tablet device.
Post Office Services
- 0% on purchases and balance transfers
- 0% on balance transfers for 30 months
- 2.75% balance transfer fee
- 0% on purchases for the first 30 months
- 0% on purchases and foreign purchases
- 0% on purchases for the first 28 months
- No fees on purchases overseas
- 0% on balance transfers for 18 months with a 2.89% fee*
BALANCE TRANSFER CARD
- 0% on balance transfers for up to 37 months*
- 1.99% balance transfer fee
- 0% on purchases for the first 3 months
What do you need to know?
- You will receive a personal APR will be dependent on your personal circumstances and affordability.
- We encourage you to pay on time each month and stay within your credit limit to keep your promotional rates as per detailed.
- When the promotional offer ends, outstanding balances will be charged interest at your standard rate.
Choose a credit card that suits you
Whether you need to transfer a balance or a credit card to use on holiday with no foreign exchange fees, we have exactly what you are looking for.
Check if you qualify
Before you apply, you should check if you are eligible for one of our cards, which will not affect your credit rating.
Post Office Product Details
- Loan Type Credit Cards
Summary of Services
We are a trusted name in the UK!
Applying for one of our credit cards only takes a few minutes to apply online.
You will then receive our decision at the end of the online loan application. Should your application be successful you can expect to receive your card within seven working days.
Post Office Credit Card requirements
There are certain minimum requirements that you must meet before you can apply for a Post Office credit card. You can apply if,
- You are aged 18 years or over
- You are a UK resident
- You have a current bank or building society account
- You do not already have a Post Office Credit Card
- You are employed, retired or a homemaker with an annual income of over £8,000
- You do not have any outstanding County Court Judgements
What will you need to apply?
- Your income and employment details
- The sort code and account number of your bank or building society account
- Your previous address should you have been residing at your current address for less than three years
Some products might require additional information. If that is the case, you will be notified and the application process will continue once we receive all information and supporting documents.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Simple online application that takes a few minutes, another perk is that I have interest free purchases for over a year!
— Dublin —
Wide variety of cards fit for every budget. All of which have affordable fees and low rates. My wife and I each have different cards but all through the Post Office.
— Manchester —
Post Office Contact Details
- not available
- not available
- 1 Broadway, Westminster London England SW1H 0AX United Kingdom
- Get Directions
- Monday 09:00 – 18:00
- Tuesday 09:30 – 09:00
- Wednesday 18:00 – 09:00
- Thursday 18:00 – 09:00
- Friday 18:00 – 09:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed