About Sainsbury’s Bank
As the first supermarket bank in the UK, Sainsbury's opened in and February 1997 and has since then been a leader in the banking and financial services industry, including offering competitive credit card packages.
As we understand what our customers require and we have designed our financial services and products accordingly, we achieve the level of customer satisfaction we aim to reach.
Award winning financial products
Our award-winning range of financial products, we have become a popular choice amongst UK residents. Our products include credit cards, savings and personal loans as well as mortgages and life insurance. All our services are provided online and by telephone. Each with its own set of benefits and features.
Great deals and rewards
Sainsbury's customers enjoy great deals and rewards and receive additional points and lower rates across a range of products. It is important to us to reward our customers for their loyal, valued support.
Wide range of credit cards
Customers have the option from a wide range of credit card packages that are designed to meet all your credit requirements with the extra added benefits of a great credit card provider. Each credit card available has certain eligibility criteria and thus is subject to approval.
Sainsbury’s Bank Services
One of our expert products is credit cards, designed to cater for different credit requirements.
We have the following credit card options available
- 39 month balance transfer
- 37 month balance transfer
- 33 month balance transfer
- No fee balance transfer
- 32 month purchase
- Dual Balance Transfer and Purchase
- Low rate
- No Balance Transfer Fee Credit Card
What can you expect from one of our credit card options? The benefits include,
- 0% interest on balance transfers for your first 28 months
- No balance transfer fee applies on transfers made within the first three months, thereafter a 3% transfer fee applies
- 0% interest on purchases for your first three months
- No annual fee
Rewards on offer
- All our credit cards allow you collect Nectar points wherever you shop.
- Receive 5,000 bonus Nectar points when you spend £250 on Sainsbury’s shopping or fuel in your first month for a limited time only. Terms and conditions may apply.
Sainsbury’s Bank Product Details
- Loan Type Credit Cards
- Interest Rate from 18.95%
- Loan Amount up to £1,200
Benefits of Sainsbury’s Bank
- Optional balance transfer
- Affordable interest rates
- Get benefits when you use your card
- Easy online loan applications
Apply online in three easy steps and receive the credit card you need to assist you financially.
Secure online application
All online credit card applications are protected by 128-bit encryption software. We will carry out a credit check once you have submitted your online application form and you will receive a credit card agreement to sign once you have been approved.
All online loan applications and customers are assessed on an individual basis, the interest rate and credit limit we offer will therefore be determined by the details you provide, along with verification of your credit and repayment history. The personal APR you are offered will be either 18.9% APR (variable), 21.9% APR (variable), or 28.9% APR (variable). As we are a responsible lender, we are unable to approve more than one credit card for each customer.
Requirements to apply for our credit cards
- be over 18 years of age
- have a permanent UK address
- not have a history of bad credit or have been declined for credit in the 30 days
- not have an existing Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card
- To complete your application you will also need the following information:
- your bank/building society account details
- details of any loans, credit cards, and other expenses
- employment details
- your Nectar card
Excellent customer service
You will be guided with the right level of support throughout your credit card application and should you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact us today to discuss your needs and we will offer suitable support. Telephone calls are free from a landline and from a mobile when calling from the UK.
We are here for you
We always ensure that you are able to afford the repayments of your credit card at the time of applying. Should your circumstances change your financial situation, please let us know. These circumstances include but are not limited to reduced working hours, retirement, maternity and paternity leave or alike.
Sainsbury’s Bank is a trusted & reliable provider of credit cards
In our review, Sainsbury’s Bank adheres to the compliance criteria in accordance with the Financial Conduct Authority, where the granting the loan will not cause financial distress to the consumer.
Sainsbury’s Bank is a registered credit provider in the UK; FCA number 184514
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
The best customer service I have ever received from any financial institution.
— London —
Fast and easy online application, I was able to go pick up my card within two days.
— London —
Getting a Sainsbury Bank credit card was an obvious choice when I found out about the low-interest rates, no annual fees and the added rewards I gained just from using my card as I would usually.
— London —