About Police Credit Union Limited
At the Police Credit Union we proudly serve our members and do so exclusively.
As a not for profit financial services operation, we serve and protect our members through seven key regional branches including various local contact points across England and Wales.
The Police Credit Union has no membership fee and members make a sound decision about how to handle their finances optimally by choosing to become members. All you have to do is open a Rewarder regular savings account and you have your membership.
Our common bond
Our members come together with fellow colleagues in the police and law enforcement for optimal investment rates and low interest rates on personal loans. The surplus funds made by the credit union, after operating costs has been paid and the reserve amount is kept, is paid to members in the form of a dividend.
As the credit union was set up by the police, it was established to serve retired police officers/police staff and their household members. But since then, our membership has grown to include, prison officers, probation officers and members of the armed forces. Up to date we have over 25,000 members and we operate from regional branch offices mainly covering England and Wales.
Reputable, reliable and regulated
We are authorised and regulated by the same bodies that cover banks and building societies.
Police Credit Union Limited Services
We have a wide range of quick loan types available for our members and their specific requirements.
Loan types available
- Starter Loans
- Fixed Term Loans
- Responder Loan
- Top Up Loans
- Reloader Loan
- Budget Loans
- Optimser Loan
- Secured Loans
Benefits of our loans
- Long and short term loans can be for any purpose
- No set up fees
- Same day bank transfers once loan is approved
- No early repayment penalties
- Fixed rates for the whole term of the loan
- Same interest rate payable, which is not affected by your credit rating
- Interest calculated on reducing balance
- Life cover provided, at no extra cost. Terms and conditions apply
- Save while you borrow
The aims of a credit union
- Promote and maintain the financial wellbeing of members by helping them to build up their savings
- Offer members of the union expert financial services and products at a fair and reasonable rate of interest
- Protect the members’ savings and invest it to their benefit
- Offer members guidance on effective managing of their financial affairs
- Simple, secure financial services to meet police and protective services employees’ needs
Police Credit Union Limited Product Details
- Loan Type Credit Unions
- Loan Amount up to £25,000
Summary of Services
We serve and protect our members
Before applying for membership or one of our loans, please ensure that you meet the minimum requirements.
Credit union requirements
- Members must be aged 18 or older,
- serving or retired police officer, police staff member, PCSO in England and Wales,
- serving or retired prison officer, probation officer, or employee in England and Wales, as well as the Scottish Prison Service,
- serving member of the armed forces,
- any other family member or spouse aged 18 may also apply, provided that they reside at the same address as the main member.
From submission, and upon receiving your online loan application at one of our branches, it may take three to five working days for the approved loan amount to be transferred to your bank account. We will stay in touch and provide you with updates on your application.
The online loan application process is 100% user-friendly and the most convenient method of applying for our loans. However, we understand that some of our members will prefer to apply by telephone, post or by visiting their regional branch in person.
Fixed term unsecured loans
Members who are saving also have the option of fixed term unsecured personal loans for any purpose up to £25,000, including credit facility of up to £12,000 and an alternative to overdrafts. No matter what your financial needs are, we are here to serve you and help you reach your financial goals.
No hidden or extra costs
Our members do not pay arrangement fees or early settlement charges. Additionally, they are offered life cover at no extra cost. Visit your local branch for more information.
With over 50,000 credit unions around the world, over 196 million members have access to affordable financial services.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
A wide variety of loan types to choose from and you can pick your own repayment terms. Perfect financing solution if you ask me!
— Leeds —
If the loan options aren't enough to convince you that PCUL is the right choice for you, then the added benefits available definitely will - the best part, most are absolutely free!
— Birmingham —
Police Credit Union Limited Contact Details
- Guardians House, 2111 Coventry Rd Birmingham England B26 3EA United Kingdom
- Get Directions
- Monday 09:00 – 16:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 16:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 16:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 16:00
- Friday 09:00 – 16:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed